Purpose for Collection, Use, Disclosure and Proceeding of Personal Data
The personal data which we collect from you may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed for various purposes, depending on the circumstances for which we may/will need to process your personal data, including the following:
- To facilitate your access and/or use of any of Stamford Tyres’s website;
- To facilitate the daily administration and operation of Stamford Tyres card membership and respond to queries and feedback from our card members;
- To process payment transactions for your purchases;
- To consider and/or process your application forms or other forms submitted to Stamford Tyres relating to our goods and services;
- To assess your suitability and/or process your application for employment purposes;
- To verify and process your personal particulars and create or update applicant or card member profile for record purposes;
- To facilitate the promotional activities organized by Stamford Tyres or held jointly with our business partners which you participate in;
- To provide you with updates, news, promotional and marketing messages and information in relation to our products and services;
- To conduct market research, statistical analysis and development activities so as to measure customers’ needs and improve our services and facilities;
- To store, host or back up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) your personal data or carry out data processing, whether within or outside Singapore;
- For audit, risk management and security purposes;
- For meeting any applicable legal or regulatory requirements and making disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to us;
- For other purposes required to operate, maintain and better manage our business and your relationship with us; which we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
As the purposes for which we may/will collect, use, disclose or process your personal data depend on the circumstances at hand, such purpose may not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purpose at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of your personal data without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law.
Disclosure of data to third party
In order to conduct our business operations more smoothly, we may also be disclosing the personal data you have provided to us to our third party service providers, agents and/or our affiliates or related corporations, and/or other third parties whether sited within in Singapore or outside of Singapore, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes. Such third party service providers, agents and/or affiliates or related corporations and/or other third parties would be processing your personal data either on our behalf or otherwise, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes.
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent permitting us to do so. However, please note that we may disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent in certain situations, including, without limitation, the following:
- cases in which the disclosure is necessary for any investigations or proceedings, or authorized based on the applicable laws and/or regulations;
- cases in which the disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual;
- cases in which the disclosure is necessary for any investigation or proceedings;
- cases in which the disclosure is to a public agency and such disclosure is necessary
- where such disclosure without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law.
Right to Access And/Or Correction of Personal Data
You may request to access and/or correct the personal data currently in our possession by submitting your request to us formally through the contact details indicated below. We will endeavour to respond to such requests within a reasonable time frame. We are entitled to reject among others, requests that are frivolous or vexatious or for information that is trivial. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access or data correction request. Where such a fee is to be imposed, we will provide you with a written estimate of the fee for your consideration. Please note that we will only process your request once you have agreed to the payment of the fee.
Withdraw of Consent
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control by submitting your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Administration and Management of Personal Data
We will take reasonable efforts to ensure that all your personal data submitted to us is accurate, true and complete. However, this means that you must also update us of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided us with.
We may adopt verification practices or processes such as asking you questions relating to your identity, checking against personal data in Stamford Tyres’s possession and control or requesting that you furnish additional information.
We will also put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your personal data. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
We will also put in place measures such that your personal data in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data and that retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
If you have any queries about our Personal Data Protection Policy or should you have any enquiry or feedback relating to your personal data, please contact Stamford Tyres as follows:-
- E-mail: email@example.com
Attention it to the ‘Data Protection Officer’.
- Office address:
Stamford Tyres International Pte Ltd
19, Lok Yang Way,
Jurong, 628635 Singapore
Attention it to the ‘Data Protection Officer’
We reserve the right to modify this Policy from time to time by posting the modifications on this page or at www.stamfordtyres.com/Retail/privacy-policy
Please check this page regularly for any modifications. Any such modifications will be effective immediately and incorporated into this Policy.